Saturday, May 29, 2010

Flashback to Flashdance

"What a feeling" to return to 1983! Today I took a trip back in time while sewing a new top for my wee one. I bought her a similar top the other day and thought what a great way to use an old cheapy ribbed tank in another way.


The green lady bug printed knit, was an inexpensive, lightweight knit I picked up at the fabric store. The pink tank, is a too small to wear, also inexpensive, ribbed tank from Target. Very similar to this one. The top is basically a large necked tshirt style top. However, the pink tank, is sewn in. It gives the Alex Owens (From the movie Flashdance) look without the hassle of having the top constantly fall off your shoulders.

The neckline is just a tad bigger than I had envisioned. I think my next attempt will be done with a ribbed knit collar instead. I think the stretch in the ribbed knit will make the collar a little less baggy and droopy. However, I still think it was a success. Casual and comfy and Jordan didn't freak when I put it on her today!!

That's how I measure success!



No comments:

Post a Comment