Thursday, August 26, 2010

I'm thinking Fall...

Disclaimer: BEWARE, TERRIBLE PHOTO AHEAD! It was 11:35 pm and I grabbed my phone as I headed to bed and snapped a quick photo of my latest creation in terrible lighting and a messy craft room background.

I think it turned out so cute, but the final test will be to see it on a living person.

It's made from a thrift store upcycled men's button down, short sleeve shirt. I hope to start making some in flannel as the temperature drops. This is a lightweight woven, something... I don't even know.



I used an existing t-shirt from my daughters collection for a pattern. I was going for a capped sleeve look, I just hope these don't cut off any blood circulation!

It is not quite finished, as I want to add a single button closure, just to keep in on her. I'm picturing it with a white t-shirt underneath and jeans. Maybe even some boots. (Let's hope I can talk her out of the hello kitty gollashes!)

Stay tuned as maybe, just maybe I can get a few pictures of her wearing it tonight, after back to school night!

No comments:

Post a Comment