Tuesday, July 20, 2010

When life hands you a dish towel... make a shirt??

When I bought this Valentine's holiday, clearance’d kitchen towel at TJ Maxx, I had great intentions of repurposing it into something completely different. However, it screamed to be something else this weekend.

I came across a top that I bought my darling at a consignment shop a few months back. I love the style of it, and after giving it a closer look… decided it would not be hard to duplicate. That’s where the Valentines towel came in. (Can’t you see the obvious connection? Gheesh!)

While my princess was sleeping when I completed it last night, here is her body double to show it off. Hopefully I can get her in it soon.



















Believe it or not, this was super easy! 2 runs on the sewing machine, then some double fold bias tape to finish it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment