Monday, April 26, 2010

First things First

This weekend also marked my first attempt at a scrappy (Not crappy. The end result is quite cute, I think!) dress. All from scratch, using reclaimed shirts. I'm pretty pleased with the outcome. I need to get on the business end of my sewing machine and whip up more, as they look so comfortable for summer! I only wish I could pull off this type of outfit! My 2 year old wears it well!

I'm vowing no more tshirt purchases until I put a dent in my current stash.

Here is how the creative process began:


This type of dress has so many functions. It can be worn simply as a summer play dress. Also as a tunic with leggings or jeans or capri's. It would also make a cute swim suit cover up and even jammies. Although my little tomboy kept asking me last night where her pants were? My babe has gotten used to below zero temperatures this winter and expects to be bundled up wherever she goes!

Enjoy a few more shots of this cute dress. I promise... more to come!































































No comments:

Post a Comment