Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Just for Leisure!

A new creation was born!

Finally, I completed a thought I had many, many months ago! The 75 degree temperatures we are having, must be inspiring?

I'm thinking back to the movies I have seen most recently. Ummmm..... no, I don't think Leisure Suit Larry was one of them, but this top really reminds me of of leisure suit!



"This suit is for leisure, but many times I wear it to get down to business." Fez


I made this using an ordinary white tshirt from Target and a sad plain white sheet, begging for a new life. I tore the sheet into several 1.5 inch strips. The fraying edges of the ruffles add to the look and the handmade charm of the shirt. I ran a simple gathering stitch down the center of each strip, then pinned the strips in place as desired. Another zip down each side of the gather with the sewing machine, and I called it a day. A day for a bike ride???

Maybe so.

1 comment:

  1. Um, WOW! That shirt is gorgeous! You are fabulous!! It's so creative and charming! I've got to try this : ) I love doing projects like this (I've had to slow down with the newborn but I dream of the day I can sew up some sweetness!)

    Your etsy shop is adorable, too!

    Lovely to meet you!

    ReplyDelete